We’re Good to Go!
Scottish Highland Trails has acquired the UK Industry Standard mark, which means that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
The latest Scottish government advice can be found here.
As a member of the Scottish Tourist Guides Association and the British Guild of Tourist Guides, we will be adhering to the following Code of Conduct:
In these uncertain times, people considering taking a guided tour may understandably have concerns about their health and safety. But with the UK’s professionally qualified and highly trained Blue Badge, Green Badge and Yellow Badge Tourist Guides, you will be in extremely capable hands.
As part of their thorough general training, badged guides are expert in effective and sensitive group management techniques, on streets and at tourist sites, churches and museums.
In addition, the Institute of Tourist Guiding, the British Guild of Tourist Guides, the Association of Professional Tourist Guides and the Driver-Guides Association have created the Covid-19 Guidance for Tourist Guides. Guides who are members of these organisations are expected to abide by this guidance during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour.
- Guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size.
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Badged guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Remote audio devices (such as Whisper, Vox and various apps) can be effective for social distancing on guided tours. Guides will happily work with tour companies using these systems.
- Badged guides are experts in the tourist sites they visit with clients. Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites’ specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Badged guides know the towns and cities where they lead tours intricately. Guides will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
- Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
- Driver guides will ensure their vehicle is thoroughly cleaned inside after previous use. They will follow licensing authority and national Covid-19 regulations for cleaning their vehicles and maintaining air-conditioning systems. Driver guides will carry disinfecting wipes, hand sanitisers and paper towels in their cars, and will use face masks if appropriate.
Highland Trails Twitter
Cast ne’er a clout til may be out! The may, or hawthorn blossom, is in full bloom so according to this old saying i… https://t.co/g3LisaF9pDFollow
Herdwick sheep: the lambs are black but they change colour, and in a year they will be more grey/brown like their m… https://t.co/ovAFnhY820Follow